The report presents a global analysis of robotic prosthetics, exoskeletons and assistive rehabilitation technologies market in terms of products and geography. It provides market value with 2013 & 2014 as historical years and forecast of 2015-2019. Although, the market penetration of robotic healthcare systems in developed economies such as the U.S. and Western Europe is high, its market penetration in developing economies remains limited. Low customer awareness level adds to challenge for growth. Robotic assistive prosthetics and exoskeleton technologies have undergone revolutionary changes in recent years due to a continued focus of bringing complete mobility and rehabilitation to patients who were otherwise immobile. The global market for robotics in healthcare was valued at US$ 682.9 million in 2014 and is anticipated to grow to US$ 1,300.7 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 11.3% from 2015 to 2019.
- Increasing ambulation and activity amongst all types of amputees.
- Increasing incidence of vascular diseases, diabetes, industrial accidents.
- Advancing technology. Prosthetics have moved on from simply being an aesthetic replacement to the limb to being an actual physical replacement with all the functions of a biological limb.
- Demand for improved lifestyle and increasing disposable income.
- High cost of device pushing sales of mechanical prosthesis as compared to intelligent systems.
- Disproportionate reimbursement.
Product Categories Covered In This Report:
- Microprocessor Controlled (MPC) Prosthetic Knees
- MPC Prosthetic Arms
- MPC Prosthetic Feet
- Assistive Rehabilitation Systems
Products Covered In This Report:
- Rheo Knee
- Elan Raize
- BeBionic iLimb
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Armon Products (Microgravity Products)
- BiOM Pvt. Ltd.
- Diagmed Healthcare Ltd.
- Ekso Bionics Holdings, Inc.
- Endolite (Chas. A. Blatchford & Sons Ltd.)