This report provides analysis of the global pharmacy automation systems market in terms of product types, end-users and geography. The report provides market value with 2013 & 2014 as historical years and forecast of 2015-2019. In most cases, the major roles of pharmacy automation systems to reduce impact and number of human errors for compounding medicines, reducing dose or packaging errors, control and maintain inventory of drugs. With the advent of barcoding and laser reading, this became extremely easy to be incorporated within an automated system and thus introduced the modern inventory tracking system. The role of a pharmacist was to dispense medication and also to provide consultation on taking medication and other advisory services. Due to the increase in population and subsequent increase in number of visits to clinics and hospitals, the foot traffic in pharmacies increased tremendously and the profile of a pharmacist was reduced to a bare minimum of packing medication and explaining the dosage regimen. The global pharmacy automation systems market was valued at US$ 4,465.4 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 6,219.2 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2015 to 2019.
- Reduction in medication errors and dose tracking capabilities drive demand.
- Shortage in pharmacy jobs. As the trend shifts and lesser people choose pharmacy as a career, the shortage of pharmacy jobs can be off-set by demand and installation of pharmacy automation.
- Demand for automation due to increasing footfall in pharmacies.
- Cost and space concerns while installing automation systems.
- Danger of error multiplication and breakdown of technical components.
Product Types Covered In This Report:
- Automated Medication Dispensing
- Packaging & Labelling
- Storage & Retrieval
- Automated Compounding
- Table-Top Tablet Counters
End-Users Covered In This Report:
- Independent Pharmacies
- Healthcare Institutions
- Retail Pharmacy Chains
- Government Facilities
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Aesynt Inc.
- ARxIUM (IHS & AmerisourceBergen)
- Baxter (Baxa)
- Becton Dickinson (CareFusion)
- Capsa (Kirby Lester)
- Cretem Co Ltd