Manual pumps invented and introduced in late 1800s laid the groundwork towards effective functioning of automated breast pumps. The first mechanical breast pump that simulated an infant suckling was made in the early 1920s by engineer Edward Lasker. Breast pumps had become a commonplace in developed regions such as North America and Europe by the 1990s and were used by a large majority of lactating mothers. However, modern pumps continue to be designed based on old patents and there is very low R&D activity in this sector. Breastfeeding awareness plays an enormous role in adoption and purchase of breast pumps. Emerging players such as Gala Breast pumps and Second Nature are anticipated to make revolutionary difference in pumping mechanism and efficacy. The new devices use compression instead of suction for expression of milk which is more inclined towards actual effect observed during breastfeeding infants. The global breast pumps market was valued at US$ 1,159.0 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 1,691.5 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2015 to 2019.
- Renting out of breast-pumps rising across masses and provides considerable push to growth of adoption.
- Increasing rate of pre-term births and rising number of working mothers.
- Greater awareness of technology and better purchase power has led to an increased availability of these devices.
- Excellent reimbursement scenario in developed regions.
- Rising demand and unprecedented rise in commercialized sale of human milk and donation across the world to needed areas.
- Need only basis of purchasing pumps the most prominent growth inhibitor of the market.
- Price of electric and hospital grade pumps
Types of Breast Pumps Covered In This Report:
- Manual Breast Pumps
- Electric Breast Pumps
- Double Electric Breast Pumps
- Battery Operated Breast Pumps
Technology Covered In This Report:
- Open System Pumps
- Closed System Pumps
Click For Full Report@ http://www.sa-brc.com/report/Global-Breast-Pumps-Market-Assessment–Forecast-2015—2019/5
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Bailey Medical Engineering
- Chicco Artsana
- Dao Health