This report provides market value with 2013 & 2014 as base values and forecast from 2015 to 2019 across multiple product segments, technology segments, applications and geographies detailed below. The global healthcare 3D printers, applications, products, services & ancillary market was valued at US$ 670.3 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 2,126.2 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 25.2% from 2015 to 2019. The concept of 3D printing began with multi-axial robotic machining that gave the ability for manufacturing products from a single block of material such as metals, ceramics and plastics although plastics have conventionally been molded to reduce wastage. Modern 3D printing is also called additive manufacturing (AM) since the process includes building objects by placing materials layer by layer. There is a significant involvement of CAD/CAM software for modeling objects prior to being printed and in many cases also includes other ancillary hardware such as 3D imaging scanners. Modern 3D printing has been applied primarily to the automotive industry and aerospace industry. The technology is used particularly as a Rapid Prototyping technique to build an object for testing.
- Highly reliable Just-In-Time manufacturing will allow revolutionary inventory control.
- Greater support to innovators and technology developers across the world due to low cost of printers will drive the market growth.
- 3D Printing allows for customized and personalized products and services creating better treatment efficacy.
- Governments across the world supporting research in 3D printing.
- Lesser wastage of materials due to additive fabrication technique will lead to greater adoption in coming years.
- Market for prosthetics dedicated to young children will spur growth of 3D printers.
- Market is very nascent for setting reimbursement.
- Prosthetics printing limited to simple designs.
- Lack of training and exposure to technology.
Various Technologies Market Covered In This Report:
- Electron Beam Melting
- Laser Beam Melting/ Sintering
- Droplet Deposition
Various Applications Market Covered In This Report:
- Cochlear & Auditory
- Woundcare & Organogenesis
- Others (Stents, Lenses etc)
Various Industry Segments Market Covered In This Report:
- Healthcare 3D Printing Devices
- 3D Printed Healthcare
- Products Services & Ancillary Equipment
Key Players Covered In This Market:
- 3D Biotek
- 3D Gence
- 3D Systems
- Advanced Biomatrix
- Bespoke Innovations