This report provides analysis of the global mass spectrometry technologies market in terms of technology, applications and geography. It provides estimates of market value with 2013 & 2014 as base years and forecast for 2015-2019. Mass Spectrometry has been applied in life science research for over 40 years. Over these years several technological advancements have evolved to cater specific requirements in various life science areas. The mass spectrometry market had observed an all-time low between 2008 and 2010, largely due to economic crisis that took place globally. This has changed as MS has observed a progressive growth due to increasing demand from research facilities, increased government funding in healthcare and life science, increasing demand from developing countries particularly in Asia and Middle East. The global mass spectrometry technologies market was valued at US$ 3,328.8 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 4,846.0 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2015 to 2019.
- Growth of applications in various ‘omics’ fields.
- Advancing technologies and techniques expected to bring MS tools to the forefront of research in several industrial areas.
- High demand and flexibility of tandem analyzer MS systems will drive growth through the decade.
- Cost constraints keep these technologies out of reach of academics in developing countries.
- Lack of perfect software for statistical analysis.
Technologies Covered In This Report:
- Triple Quadrupole
- Triple Time of Flight (Triple-TOF)
- Quadrupole Time of Flight (Q-TOF)
- Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance
- Single Quadrupole
Applications Market Covered In This Report:
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Genomics & Proteomics
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Other MS Applications
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Agilent Technologies
- Analytik Jena
- Hiden Analytical