This report provides market value with 2013 & 2014 as historical years and forecast of 2015-2019 across multiple product segments and geographies listed below. The global fetal and neonatal care equipment market was valued at US$ 3,230.2 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 4,228.3 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2015 to 2019. Based on the various equipment and devices used, the global fetal and neonatal care devices can be categorized into major products such as ultrasound fetal Dopplers, fetal heart rate monitors, intrauterine pressure catheters, fetal pulse oximeters and neonatal care devices. As the rate of delayed pregnancies and advanced maternal age is on the rise, there is a growth in requirement for fetal care tools. Rise in the incidence of cardiopulmonary diseases, increased prevalence of preterm birth, better success rate of in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment, increased initiatives by governments towards child care is driving the demand for fetal and neonatal care devices across the world. In addition, technological advancements such as introduction of remote and wireless fetal care and handheld tools are expected to further augment the growth of this market. However, strict norms and regulations pertaining to the sales and commercialization of fetal and neonatal care devices causes a surge in the prices of these devices and therefore restrains the growth of this market.
- Growing incidence of preterm births.
- Availability of low cost devices.
- Growing number of government initiatives
- Regulations restrict sale of fetal care devices
Products Covered In This Report:
- Ultrasound Portable Doppler
- Ultrasound Wireless Doppler
- External (Antepartum) Fetal Heart Rate Monitor
- Internal (Intrapartum) Fetal Heart Rate Monitor
- Intrauterine Pressure Monitors
- Fetal Pulse Oximeters
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs)
- Incubators & Warmers
- Neonatal Respiratory Care Equipment
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Draeger Medical
- GE Healthcare
- Masimo Corporation
- Nellcor Medical
- Philips Healthcare
- Spacelabs Corporation