This report provides market value & volume with 2013 & 2014 as historical years and forecast of 2015-2019 across multiple product segments and geographies listed below. The EBRT market was valued at US$ 3,404.1 million in 2014 and is forecast to reach US$ 4,738.1 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2015 to 2019. External beam technology has been extensively used for more than a century. Evolving from the use of X-ray imaging to the conventional Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and stereotactic methods have been the major phases of evolution of external beam radiotherapy techniques. Also termed as teletherapy, external beam therapy works on the principle of delivery of energy from a machine located at a distance from the patient. Some of the prime advantages of the use of such therapy are less exposure of the patient to radioactivity unlike systemic radiotherapy and brachytherapy, lesser side effects of treatment and cost effectiveness. A Linac or linear accelerator is the most important component of external beam therapy devices and perpetual variations and development in their characteristics such as electron-emitting high energy machines and proton therapy machines have rendered scope for the evolution of different types of external beam therapy.
- Cost-effective and affordable treatment procedures.
- Rapid advancements in technology.
- Growing cancer cases worldwide.
- Underserved cancer population in developing countries.
- Inadequate installation facilities and poor reimbursement in developing countries affect market growth.
- Radiotherapy is continued as combination therapy with chemotherapy and surgery.
- Threat of substitution is high. With rapid introduction of new, cheaper and safer radiotherapy solutions, the obsolescence rate of existing products in the market is increasing.
Products Covered In This Report:
- Gamma Knife
- High-Energy Linear Accelerator (LINACs)
- Proton Beam Therapy Systems (PBT)
Applications Covered In This Report:
- Head & Neck
- Brain & Neurosurgery
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Advanced Oncotherapy
- Hitachi Medical
- Ion Beam Applications
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries
- Varian Medical