Diagnostic ultrasound devices emit frequencies between 2 to 20 megahertz. Today ultrasound has medical applications on every area of the body and gives very accurate results regarding the overall structural composition based on the density and transmission of the sound waves through biological tissue. There are a variety of different components available in the market today. 5-6 types of transducers are available based on application of ultrasound and imaging area. Transducers operate at different center frequencies, have different physical dimensions, and shapes, and provide different image formats. Black & white 2D is still considered to be the most commonly used technique across the world; however color Doppler is one of the fastest growing segments. The most popular application of ultrasound by far is its use in monitoring fetus. Due to its safety and efficiency in imaging, ultrasound is used for checking the fetus for any abnormalities in position of the baby, size, shape, bone structure formation among others. The global diagnostic ultrasound devices market was valued at US$ 5,381.1 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 7,466.3 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2015 to 2019. The report estimates market value with 2013 & 2014 as historical years and forecast of 2015-2019.
- Advancing technology resulting in better image quality.
- Increasing usage in US-guided surgical procedures
- Low cost of ultrasound procedures Highly portable devices.
- Increased portability has propelled growth of hand-held ultrasound devices
- High-End and Premium systems not affordable for most private clinics and businesses.
- Regulations restrict sale of fetal monitoring devices.
- Technological challenges and competition of substitution.
Types Of Ultrasound Devices By Configuration Covered In This Report:
- Trolley Mounted Ultrasound Devices
- Compact Portable Ultrasound Devices
- Hand-Held Ultrasound Devices
Types Of Ultrasound Devices By Technology Covered In This Report:
- 2D Ultrasound Systems
- Doppler Ultrasound Systems
- 3D & 4D Ultrasound Systems
Major Applications of Ultrasound Covered In This Report:
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OBGYN)
- Emergency Medicine
- Ultrasound Anesthesiology
- Vascular Ultrasound
Key Players Covered In This Report:
- Analogic Corporation
- BioSound Esaote
- GE Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- Samsung Medison
- Siemens Healthcare
- Signostics Ltd