Hypertension is a chronic medical condition where the arterial or systemic blood pressure remains persistently elevated, which is an indicator of underlying cardiovascular disease or malfunction. Blood and cardiac monitoring devices can provide medical information on a long term basis to reduce medical emergencies since patient information can be used to proactively provide care before an event can take place. Blood monitoring devices monitor several parameters of blood such as the amount of blood sugar, oxygen concentration, pH and blood gas i.e. concentration of hydrogen ions (pH), partial pressure of carbon dioxide (pCO2) and partial pressure of oxygen (pO2), blood pressure and cholesterol. Asia-pacific market is the fastest growing region and major contributors are India, China and South East Asia. These nations are anticipated to exhibit maximum growth in terms of market share and revenues in next 5 years majorly due to constant rise in incidences of cardiovascular diseases (CVD), rising disposable incomes, impending health care reforms and potential low cost manufacturing hubs. The global market for blood monitoring & cardiac monitoring devices was valued at US$ 17,770.3 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 24,830.1 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2015 to 2019.
- Rising incidences of chronic diseases creating demand for better and improved care.
- Increasing demand for non-invasive devices.
- Increasing number of people opting for self-monitoring devices. Notable shift of patient care from hospital to homecare.
- Ease of use and interpretation of wearable blood & cardiac monitoring devices driving sales.
- Presence of alternatives in hemodynamic and cardiac monitoring restraining the growth.
- Decreasing costs of blood glucose monitoring strips.
Blood Monitoring Devices Covered In This Report:
- Automated Blood Pressure Monitors
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors
- Single Point Blood Glucose Monitors
- Blood Glucose Test Strips
- Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Pulse Oximeters
- Blood Gas Analyzers
- Blood Cholesterol Monitors
Cardiac Monitoring Devices Covered In This Report:
- Electrocardiograph (ECG)
- Cardiac Event Monitors
- Cardiac Output Monitors
- Holter Monitors
- Wearable Heart Rate Monitors
- A&D Medical
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer Healthcare
- Dragerwerk AG