This report provides analysis of the global negative pressure wound therapy devices market in terms of product type, end-users and geography. The report provides market value and volume with 2014 & 2015 as historical years and forecast of 2016-2020. Wound care management has evolved a long way from simple gauze bandages and compression products. Several different diseases and conditions result in different wound types that require unique management methods. Every wound however goes to recovery phase where factors such as granulation tissue and origin of the wound are considered. Chemical wounds unlike trauma are difficult to heal and become chronic. Others caused by diseases or infections such as fasciitis or diabetes or even through extended periods of bed rest that cause bed sores. The total wound care market is worth over US$ 30.0 billion and major portion of this is accounted by bandages and dressing products. The three pump types covered in this report are single-use pumps, portable pumps and stationary or conventional pumps. The global negative pressure wound therapy devices market was valued at US$ 1,227.0 million in 2015 and is forecast to grow to US$ 1,617.3 million by 2020 at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2016 to 2020.
- Increasing incidence of chronic wounds driving adoption.
- Growing demand for easy to operate single-use pumps.
- Growth of demand from emerging economies.
- Cost of devices continues to be a barrier.
- Contraindications and risks associated with NPWT limit usage.
Types of Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Pumps Covered In This Report:
- Wound Therapy Foam & Dressing Kits
- Exudate Canisters
End-Users Market Covered In This Report:
- Nursing Homes or Assisted Living
- AC Engineering
- Acelity (Kinetic Concepts ? KCI)
- ASSKEA GmbH
- ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Cardinal Health
- Coloplast Group
- Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co Ltd