This report provides analysis of the global infusion pumps market in terms of four perspectives; product types, end-users, applications and geography. It provides estimates of market value with 2013 & 2014 as base years and forecast of 2015-2019. Infusion pumps and infusion techniques have saved countless lives across the world and have been adopted since centuries. One of the first major breakthroughs in infusion pump devices was the ambulatory infusion pump Watkins Chrono-Fusor which delivered 5-flurouracil. The power source was a mechanical keyed wind-up watch motor, much like a grandfather clock. The pump utilized a rotary peristaltic mechanism, identical to some of today’s pumps. The market began growing considerably when homecare and home infusions increased in demand. During the 1990s some of the ambulatory infusion pumps, marketed for humans in Europe, were being used in laboratory animal infusion market as they provided features that researchers were looking for that were not available in a single device. The global infusion pumps and accessories market was valued at US$ 5,874.3 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 7,539.0 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2015 to 2019.
- Increasing demand of infusion pumps from home-care and self-care patients.
- Growing disease burden in diabetes, oncology and chronic pain across the world.
- Advent of smart pumps and wireless connectivity.
- Growing number of nursing centers, geriatric care facilities and assisted living institutions.
- Significant history of recalls and dosing errors.
- Interoperability woes of infusion pumps.
Types of Products Covered In This Report:
- Volumetric Infusion Pumps
- Patient Controlled Analgesia Pumps
- Syringe Infusion Pumps
- Disposable Infusion Pumps
- Implantable Infusion Pumps
- Insulin Infusion Pumps
End-Users Market Covered In This Report:
- Clinics & Infusion Centers
- Nursing & Geriatric Care Facilities
- Government Institutional Care Facilities
Medical Applications of Infusion Pump Covered In This Report:
- Pain Management
- Insuling & Diabetes
- Oncology & Chemotherapy
- Nutrition Management
- Infection Management
- Pediatric Infusion