This report provides analysis of the global life science microscopy devices market in terms of three perspectives; technology, applications and geography. It provides estimates of market value with 2013 & 2014 as base years and forecast of 2015-2019. The microscope has been one of the oldest scientific inventions that developed from the simple viewing magnifying glass. It is an extension of view finders developed in the 16th and 17th centuries such as binoculars and monoculars by sailors. These early forms of microscopes provided a bare 5x to 10x magnification and were primarily used to observe insects thus also called as flea glasses. Modern terminology of microscopes has extended to more powerful devices. When mentioned, the most basic tool that comes to mind is the optical light microscopes used in schools and lower rungs of academic areas. Since microscopy technology is nearing maturity, potential areas of opportunity lie in using the same technology in different applications areas. Emerging applications in neuroscience, nanotechnology, diagnostics and pathology will continue to drive growth. The Global Life Science Microscopy Devices market was valued at US$ 1,774.9 million in 2014 and expected to grow to US$ 2,472.2 million by 2019 at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2015 to 2019.
- Increasing biological applications in diverse settings.
- Demand for fast visual QA/QC and diagnostics continues to drive the growth of microscopy.
- Increasing demand from emerging regions.
- Expansion of microscopy in terms of technology and techniques.
- Advanced microscopes continue to elude the purchasing power in most parts of the world.
- Demand of substitute technologies in cases of technical limitations.
Technologies Covered In This Report:
- Compound Microscopes
- Stereo Microscopes
- Inverted Microscopes
- Global Fluorescence Microscopes
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopes
- Phase Contrast Microscopes
- Global Polarizing Light Microscopes
- Scanning Electron Microscopes
- Transmission Electron Microscopes
- Atomic Force Microscopes
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopes
- Scanning Near-Field Optical (SNOM/NSOM) Microscopes
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopes
- X-Ray Microscopes
- Helium Ion Microscopes
Applications Market Covered In This Report:
- Structural Biology Research
- Pathology and Disease
- Quality Assurance and Quality Check (QA/QC)
- Other Life Science Applications
Spearhead Acuity Business Research & Consulting Private Limited (SA-BRC) is a premium Life Science business intelligence and data analytics firm. SA-BRC team offers a wide range of business intelligence services to multiple stakeholders such as Medical Device Manufacturers, Service Providers (Hospitals, Payers, etc.), Suppliers, Group Purchase Organizations, Distributors and all other individuals in the entire value chain of healthcare industry. Our research and consulting capabilities extend across several sub-domains within the sphere of Life Sciences such as Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Medical Devices, Veterinary Sciences, Wellness Products and Pharmaceuticals.
10685-B Hazelhurst Drive,
Houston, Texas 77043,